Cheese goes with everything. Well at least with most things. If you’re looking for a tasty and filling vegetarian meal, this Farmhouse Gouda mashed potatoes with onion pieces and chives recipe will give you something to smile about.
- 1.25kg yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and quartered.
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced.
- 3/4 cup milk.
- 2 tbsp. butter.
- 100 grams Farmhouse Gouda with chives and onion.
- Salt and white pepper to taste.
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a pot and cover with 60ml of cold water.
- Gently boil the potatoes until tender.
- When cooked, drain the potatoes well, ensuring the garlic stays in the pot, and then thoroughly mash.
- Whip in the milk and butter until well combined.
- Mix in your cheese with onion and chive, season with salt and pepper, and serve.