The combination of crispy phylo, melted camembert and the fresh taste of pears and rosemary is a treat on its own. Perfect as delicious snack or perfect starter.
- 1 sheet phyllo pastry
- melted butter
- 1 small wheel of Camembert
- 1 firm pear, cut into thin rounds/slices
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) organic fynbos honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut the phyllo sheet in half and brush each half lightly with melted butter.
- Place the sheets of pastry one on top of the other and place the Camembert in the centre.
- Top with thin slices of pear.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped rosemary over the pear, and drizzle with honey.
- Carefully fold the pastry around the cheese and fruit, as you would wrap a gift, taking care to tuck in the sides.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from crushmag-online.com