Are you a proud vegan in serious need of a delectable desert? With this rich and creamy cheese cake recipe, guilty pleasure is on the cards any day of the week. Spoil yourself with this Finest Kind indulgence and hop on the vegan bandwagon, your taste buds will thank you for it!
- Fermented vegan cream cheese
- Macadamia nuts
- Cacao powder
- White cacao butter
- Food processor
- Prep: Have pre-prepared fermented vegan cream cheese ready.
- FLOUR: In a food processor, process macadamia nuts. Estimate how much nuts you will need for 2 thin layers in your cake pan. Be careful not to turn the nuts into a greasy paste. When your macadamia paste starts looking like slightly coarse flour, you can stop blending.
- FORM FIRST LAYER: Press the macadamia flour into your cake pan. I used only half of the macadamia flour for the bottom layer and the remaining half for the middle layer.
- LAYER TOPPING: Spread half of the fermented cream cheese over the bottom layer of macadamia flour. Smooth the surface and put it in the freezer for an hour.
- THIN MIDDLE LAYER: Meanwhile put an equal amount of dates and raspberries in the food processor, this should be enough for a thin layer. While processing this mixture, check if it is sweet enough. If you prefer it a bit sweeter you can add more dates.
- FORM SECOND LAYER: When the lower part of the cake is frozen you can spread the second half of the macadamia flour over it. Smoothen it out and make sure it is even. Now place the raspberry/dates mixture on top. Put the cake back in the freezer.
- COMPILE CAKE: When your cake is frozen put the fermented cream cheese layer topping over raspberry layer. Place the cake in the freezer.
- PREPARE FROSTING: Meanwhile prepare some chocolate for the frosting. Melt the white cacao butter and mix it with the cacao powder, you should have equal amounts. For sweetener we used date paste, which can be prepared in a blender by adding a little bit of water to dates and processing on high speed. You can use agave syrup if you want sweeter and smoother chocolate but keep in mind that dates are whole foods and therefore, a bit healthier.
- POUR FROSTING OVER CAKE: When the cake is frozen, take it out and place it next to the melted sweet chocolate mixture on parchment paper. Start pouring chocolate over the cake and try to spread it evenly with a spatula until the whole cake is covered. Remember to do this relatively quickly seeing as the chocolate will harden very fast on frozen cake. When your cake is completely covered it will hold its shape in the chocolate covering.
- DECOR: Can be decorated using cacao nibs and fresh raspberries.
- REFRIGERATE: After the decorating process, the cake can be put in the refrigerator. Feel free to serve after the cake has fully defrosted.